The blog for UF's Student Chapter of NAEA.

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Trash Transformations!

I was doing some research for our next art camp (and definitely NOT procrastinating on more pressing research that needs to get done) and I came across this wonderful blog post that I am going to direct you all to: Forty Terrific Works of Art Made from Common Trash. My favorites are Ann P Smith, Sayanka Kajita, Robert Bradford, Brian Marshall and Bernard Pras.

Not mentioned though is Brazilian artist, Vik Muniz. When I think about using "trash" in art, I immediately think of Muniz. He made a documentary, Waste Land about using art to help society and raise awareness. Check out the official trailer here. As far as I can tell, the movie is still in select theaters and we just have to wait for it to find its way to good ol' Gainesville, Fl.

So I hope you're all saving your recycled materials. Remember anything that isn't toxic or dangerous goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment